expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 19 October 2014

He Sacrificed His Chance Of Getting A Good Job To Help Someone.

Hey,

I am Sunny, I live in Calcutta, India. I have been a great fan of this page since I saw your posts. Great job. Keep going.

I read your quotes and try to follow them. Your posts motivate me a lot. Further to the work you are doing I would like to share a small incident from a few years ago.

I was jobless then. I was desperately looking for a job. I had an educational loan to repay.
Interviews after interviews only to end up in vein

I went for interview in a Motor Finance company. I liked the job profile out there and their requirements exactly matched what I had. So, I knew that I have a great chance.

When I went there I met many people. But all of them got rejected one by one in the Personal Interview round. Only me and a girl was asked to wait outside.

I started talking to that girl. She used live in a place called Uttarpara. She was the eldest child in the family which comprises of her, her dad and a little brother. Her dad retired from his services last year. Her brother was studying in fourth standard in a reputed school in Kolkata but all the expenses in the house were coming from the pension her father got each month.

Recently, her father suffered a major spinal chord trauma the treatment for which drained all their savings. Now their bank balance is nearly nil. The medicines for her dad were very costly.

All of this were making her life like hell. She was utterly disturbed and she needed the job more than me, I understood.

At that point in time, I was willing to help that girl out anyhow. I got no better idea than to just walk out of that place.

After few moments a just got up from the chair , wished the girl Good Luck and went out without informing anyone.

I don't know what that girl is doing now, where is she working but whenever I remember that moment it feels really great.

Hope you liked this story.

All The Best.

Regards,
Sunny

No comments: